Let me ask you a question.
Can you relate to any (or all) of the following?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by your day-to-day activities?
- Are you anxious about everything you have to manage solo?
- Is grief holding you hostage?
- Does confusion prevent you from remembering simple words and phrases?
- Is anger interfering with your interpersonal relationships?
- Are you sad for most of the day?
I can relate to each and every one of these feelings.
My name is Kim Murray and I started Widow 411 to offer advice, practical tips and resources to help you navigate your “new normal.”
I know what it feels like when there is so much to do after your spouse dies and you don’t even know where to begin. How do you decide what needs to get done first? How do you figure out how to do things your spouse used to be in charge of? How do you even get out of bed in the morning?
This page is a good place to start. I’ve included some of the most practical Widow 411 posts below to help you get going on your widow journey.
If you’re curious about what the Widow 411 site has to offer and the short version of how I became a widow, check out the About page for more information. To learn more about my personal journey before and after widowhood, head on over to the long(er) story.
When anxiety rears its ugly head – and it will – come back here to find answers to questions I and countless other widows face every day.
You have a lot to do. But, not everything has to be done at once.
Take a deep breath and just read. Use the information you can and discard what doesn’t apply to you. Sometimes you might have to read something more than once (*like 12 times…um…me…raises hand*) or just come back to it later.
Whatever works for YOU.
You’re not alone, sister.
Most Popular Posts
- The Top 5 Things You Need to Know About Widow Survivor Benefits
- Why a Yearly Personal Insurance Audit Could Save You Some Serious Cash
- 7 Critical Money Mangement Skills Every Widow Should Have
- An Emergency Fund is Paramount to Your Mental Health – Here’s Why
- Longing for Words of Wisdom? Tap Into This Unexpected Source
- The Truth About Grief that You Shouldn’t Ignore
- Managing Grief: 7 Things Widows Forget to Do
- You Are in Absolute Control of These 5 Things
- Think You’re Ready to Date? Ask Yourself These Five Questions First
- Why You Need to Knock Your Dead Husband Off the Perfection Pedestal (He Ain’t No Saint)
- How a Parent’s Death Teaches Kids About Life’s Greatest Lessons
- The Biggest, Most Epic, Parenting Fail I’m Still Recovering From
- How to Protect Your Identity – Expert Tips for Widows
- How to Write a Decent Thank-You Note
- How To Unclog The Shower Drain
- How to Create a Home Inventory and Settle Insurance Claims Faster
I appreciate you. Thanks so much for being here and taking the time to learn more about what Widow 411 has to offer.
I think we’ll be great friends! I hope you know you’re not alone and I will help guide you through the hard parts. Just so you know, I don’t have it “all figured out.” I’m learning as I go, too. But maybe we can learn and grow and figure it all out together. I want to hear from you and learn how to make this website better, offer more of what you’re looking for and be a reliable resource during your darkest days. Reach out to me at any time. I read each and every email.
Oh, and sign up for my email list below. That way you’ll never miss a thing!