Let me ask you a question.
Can you relate to any (or all) of the following?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by your day-to-day activities?
- Are you anxious about everything you have to manage solo?
- Is grief holding you hostage?
- Does confusion prevent you from remembering simple words and phrases?
- Is anger interfering with your interpersonal relationships?
- Are you sad for most of the day?
I can relate to each and every one of these feelings.
My name is Kim Murray and I started Widow 411 to offer advice, practical tips and resources to help you navigate your “new normal.”
I know what it feels like when there is so much to do after your spouse dies and you don’t even know where to begin. How do you decide what needs to get done first? How do you figure out how to do things your spouse used to be in charge of? How do you even get out of bed in the morning?
This page is a good place to start. I’ve included some of the most practical Widow 411 posts below to help you get going on your widow journey.
If you’re curious about what the Widow 411 site has to offer and the short version of how I became a widow, check out the About page for more information. To learn more about my personal journey before and after widowhood, head on over to the long(er) story.
When anxiety rears its ugly head – and it will – come back here to find answers to questions I and countless other widows face every day.
You have a lot to do. But, not everything has to be done at once.
Take a deep breath and just read. Use the information you can and discard what doesn’t apply to you. Sometimes you might have to read something more than once (*like 12 times…um…me…raises hand*) or just come back to it later.
Whatever works for YOU.
You’re not alone, sister.
MOST POPULAR POSTS
- Where to Find Grief Support Options for Widows
- Conscious Ways to Acknowledge Grief
- 15 Foolproof Ways to Alleviate Grief and Start Living Again
- Learn How to Move Grief to a Supporting Role
- A Comprehensive Guide to Social Security Survivor Benefit Options
- Why a Yearly Personal Insurance Audit Could Save You Some Serious Cash
- 7 Critical Money Management Skills Every Widow Should Have
- Why You Need an Identity Theft Protection Service
- Widow Myths You Need to Ignore
- The Grueling Second Year of Grief – Realizing Secondary Losses
- 10 Unusual But Significant Self-Care Ideas for Widows
- Unique Memorial Ideas to Honor Your Dead Husband
- Confessions of a Solo Parent – What Widows Wish People Knew
- Concrete Steps to Take When Your Support System Disappears
- Dating Excuses Every Widow Should Retire
- Don’t Compare the Beginning of Your Grief Journey to Someone Else’s Middle
- The Sophisticated Widow’s Guide to Smart Home Gadgets
- 9 Crucial Items You Need in Your Vehicle Emergency Kit
- Easy Home Maintenance Tips Every Widow Needs to Know
- Create a Home Inventory and Settle Insurance Claims Faster
I appreciate you. Thanks so much for being here and taking the time to learn more about what Widow 411 has to offer.
I think we’ll be great friends! I hope you know you’re not alone and I will help guide you through the hard parts. Just so you know, I don’t have it “all figured out.” I’m learning as I go, too. But maybe we can learn and grow and figure it all out together. I want to hear from you and learn how to make this website better, offer more of what you’re looking for and be a reliable resource during your darkest days. Reach out to me at any time. I read each and every email.
Oh, and sign up for my email list below. That way you’ll never miss a thing!